Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Please arrive 10 minutes prior to your service to ensure that you will receive your service in full. This will allow you to unwind and relax so we may start your appointment on time. Spa facilities and appointments are for individuals 13 years of age or older.
Children under the age of 14 are not permitted in the spa. In an effort to maintain a serene and relaxing spa environment, we kindly ask that you refrain from using your cellular telephone and from cigarette smoking.
Please inform your service provider of any medical conditions, prescription medications, or other treatments that you are undergoing. Should you feel uncomfortable at any time during a treatment please advise your technician immediately. Personal property is your responsibility; TLC Spa is not responsible for any lost or damaged property.
We suggest that you leave any valuables at home. Any valuables brought to the spa should be kept with you at all times.
In consideration of our other clients and our technicians, please allow a minimum of 24 hours notice for an individual service and 48 hours notice for multiple services, special requirements may apply to group bookings. A credit card number or gift certificate number is required on all appointments. If less or no notice is given, the credit card on file will automatically be charged in full for the reservation amount.
When canceling an appointment, please record the name of the representative taking the call.
Spa Party Facilities
The spa offer a great setting for a get together. Whether it is a corporate or bridal event, let our spa coordinators help to plan the perfect event. Spa discounts are offered for groups of at least 4 or more with 2 services or more. An 18% gratuity is automatically added for your convenience. A non-refundable deposit is required at the time of booking, the remainder is due 2 weeks prior to your event to ensure confirmation of appointments.
Special cancellation requirements do apply.
Gift Certificates and Pre-Paid Appointments
TLC Spa gift certificates are a great year-round gift for any occasion. For your added convenience, you may purchase gift certificates by phone or online at www.tlcmassageandspa.com.
Please Note: Gift certificates and pre-paid appointments are non-refundable and expire 1 year from the date of purchase. Gift certificates cannot be redeemed for cash or gratuities. They may however be redeemed for retail items.
TLC Spa honors Visa, Mastercard, American Express, and Discover. Personal checks are accepted with proper identification (drivers license). Gratuities and sales tax are not included on the price list. All prices are subject to change without notice.
Gratuities are not included in any spa program and are based on your preference. Typically 15-20% of your service total.
Enjoying Your Day Spa Visit
Don't have time to go on a whole spa vacation? A day spa can give you a chance to relax and enjoy some treatments without packing your bags. Here are some ways to make sure you enjoy your time at the day spa.
1. Take care in choosing a day spa
When choosing a spa, make sure you look for:
- Friendly, nurturing staff, from the person at the front desk to the massage therapists, estheticians, nail technicians, and make-up artists. All therapists should be licensed.
- A quiet, relaxing, well-designed environment. It will usually have soothing music, low lighting, and pleasant aromas.
- Newer Equipments.
- A clean, sanitary environment.
- A menu that explains the treatments and staff that can answer any questions in detail.
- A request for you to complete a medical disclosure questionnaire.
2. Select your spa treatments.
The basic spa treatments are massage, facial, body treatment, manicure and pedicure. A massage will help you relax and get rid of muscle tension. (A Swedish massage is a good place for beginners.) A facial is a deep cleansing of your face, and a body treatment exfoliates and softens the skin.
Most spas offers manicures and pedicures, but some small spas don't. You can also combine services -- a massage and a body treatment is a good combination (get the body treatment first) or a massage and a facial (get the massage first.)
3. Choose your therapist.
The quality of the therapist determines the quality of the treatment. Get a personal reference if you can. Also, think about whether you prefer a male or female therapist. Generally speaking, choosing a therapist licensed of both massage therapist and esthetician will be sure thing.
4. Prepare for your spa experience before you go.
- Drink plenty of water before and after services to enhance the benefits of your treatments.
- Don't eat for at least an hour before or after your massage.
- Arrive early so you have time to enjoy the sauna, steam or whirlpool before your treatment. If you get in a whirlpool, shower to get rid of the chlorine before a massage.
- Allow your mind to calm down before your treatment. Most spas have a meditation room that lets you quiet down.
- Although most spas have lockers that lock, you might want to leave valuables at home.
5. Enjoy your spa experience.
- You generally remove your clothes for massage and body treatments, but you are draped with sheets or large towels.
- Relax. Take slow, deep breaths before your treatment begins. Envision every muscle in your body relaxing.
- Be open to the experience.
- Communicate with your therapist. If you have any feedback on the temperature or amount of pressure, let them know.
- You can talk or not, as you prefer. The therapist usually follows your lead.
6. Be appreciative
- When the treatment is over, take time to slowly reintegrate, rather than rushing off.
- A tip of 20% is appropriate.
7. Extend the spa experience at home.
Take care of yourself at home. Most spas sell the products they use. Don't feel pressured to buy, but it's a good idea to get into a skin care routine at home. Also, the high performs of products that sell in the spa is much more effective that you can buy in the store.